Inclusion Criteria- Symptoms of acute stroke reported to the EMS dispatcher office (extended FAST Score, Table I) and verified by the EMS (after glucose testing)
- Reported onset of symptoms until call ≤ 8 hours
- Patients with "wake up stroke"
- Age older than 18 years
- Patient (or representative) is willing to participate voluntarily and to sign a written informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Cardiopulmonary unstable medical conditions requiring immediate treatment in an intensive care unit
- Patients with preexisting severe functional impairment and disease
- Known allergy or contraindications to contrast agents