Inclusion Criteria- Adults status post ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke between the ages 18-85, receiving inpatient rehabilitation
- Using the impaired arm, ability to lift and release a wash cloth off a table with any means of prehension in either the sitting or standing positions
- A score > 21/30 on the Mini-Mental State Exam
- Ability to consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Serious visual or visual-perceptual deficits, neuropsychological impairments, or orthopedic conditions that would prevent participation in the BT protocol as determined by the treatment team
- Involvement in another study protocol related to motor function after stroke
- Anticipated length of stay less than two weeks
- More than six months post stroke