Inclusion Criteria- European Stroke scale between 75-85
- First time supratentorial, ischaemic or hemorrhagic stroke.
- Diagnosis of ischemic brain injury or intracerebral hemorrhage by MRI or computed tomography > 6 months after the onset of stroke.
- Age < 80 years.
- Ability to stand upright, supported or unsupported, for 1 minute.
- Patients with ischaemic or haemorrhagic stroke.
- In-patient participating in a comprehensive rehabilitation programme.
- patients written informed consent of participation in the study approved by the local ethical committee.
- absence of cardiac, psychological and orthopedic conditions that might interfere with the result.
Exclusion Criteria- Preceding epileptic fits.
- an EEG suspect of elevated cortical excitability.
- a sensitive scalp skin.
- severe cognitive impairment.
- metallic implants within the brain.
- previous brain neurosurgery.
- medications altering the level of cortical excitability
- medications with a presumed positive or negative effect on brain plasticity.