Inclusion Criteria1. Aged between 18 - 80 years old of both sex.
2. Acute ischemic stroke due to proved large-artery occlusion.
3. Ineligibility for IV thrombolysis.
4. A timeframe of ≤ 4.5 hours between stroke onset and the start of mechanical thrombectomy.
5. The patients included in this series should have an NIHSS score of at least 10 or fluctuating symptoms.
6. ASPECTS of 6 or > 6
7. All patients will be undergoing CT/CT angiography before and after treatment
Exclusion Criteria1. Age older than 80 years or less than 18
2. Cerebral haemorrhage.
3. Acute infarction > 1/3 of middle cerebral artery (MCA) territory on CT-scan.
4. A history of stroke in the last 6 weeks.
5. A time interval of > 4.5 hours.
6. laboratory evidence of coagulation abnormalities.
7. Known arteriovenous malformation , neoplasm or aneurysm.
8. Woman at child bearing age who has a positive pregnancy test