Inclusion Criteria- Males or females, 18 years of age or older.
- Acute ischemic cerebral stroke (IS) with uncontrollable hypertension that may need to be controlled for the purpose of considering thrombolytic therapy or anticoagulation therapy.
- Intracerebral hemorrhagic (ICH) stroke patients, including subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) (surgically treated or not), any territory with an appropriate study (head CT scan or MRI scan) providing results consistent with this diagnosis, who may require the control of hypertension or control of blood pressure.
Exclusion Criteria- Allergy to Nicardipine or known hypersensitivity to Nicardipine.
- Chronic renal failure or Creatinine blood sample levels> 2.0.
- Impaired hepatic function defined as a two times value of liver enzymes.
- Severe left ventricular dysfunction defined as ventricular ejection fraction < 30%.
- Patients or authorized representative who refused be enrolled into this study.
- Advanced aortic stenosis.
- Pregnant or nursing women will not be enrolled in this study.
- No patient will be allowed to be enrolled in this study more than once.
- Patients may not be enrolled into other clinical studies during their involvement with this study.