Inclusion Criteria1. First episode of stroke,
2. Hemiparesis resulting from a unilateral ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke,
3. Functional Ambulation Category (FAC) > 4 out of 6, i.e. have ability to walk on the ground independently or under supervision, with or without assistive device,
4. Have sufficient cognition to follow instructions and to understand the content and purpose of the study.
Exclusion Criteria1. Uncontrolled cardiovascular or respiratory disorders,
2. Moderate to serve contractures in the lower extremities,
3. Orthopedic problems or muscle diseases that impair mobility,
4. Difficulty to comply with the study protocol and the gait training schedule, i.e. at least 2 sessions per week.