Inclusion Criteria- Clinical diagnosis of mild or moderate profile of aphasia secondary to a single stroke, as diagnosed by a certified speech-language pathologist.
- Must be able to demonstrate auditory comprehension at a level that is functional for conversation.
- Must demonstrate mobility or sensory deficits as a result of the stroke.
- Must demonstrate cardiac/nutritional needs.
- Must be able to ambulate without the physical assistance of another person for at least 500 feet.
- Must be able to negotiate elevator and stairs independently
- Must be able to manage bathroom needs without assistance.
- Must be more than twelve months post-onset of stroke.
- Must be between 18 and 75 years of age.
- Must be native speakers of English
- Must have 8th grade level of education or higher.
- Must have adequate vision for functional reading
- Must have adequate hearing for conversation