Inclusion Criteria1. Admission to the UMC Utrecht.
2. Age 18 years or over.
3. Aneurysmal SAH, demonstrated on CT-angiography or cerebral angiography, with onset less than 72 hours before admission.
4. A level of consciousness corresponding to a Glasgow Coma Sum Score above 8, as in patients with lower Glasgow Coma Sum Scores, assessment of further deterioration may be less reliable.
Exclusion Criteria1. Symptomatic aneurysm not yet treated by coiling or clipping. Co-existing asymptomatic cerebral aneurysms are no reason for exclusion, since previous studies found no increased risk of rupture of such aneurysms during hypertensive and hypervolemic treatment.(26)
2. Co-existing severe head injury.
3. A history of a cardiac rhythm disorder, necessitating medical treatment.
4. A history of a left ventricular pump failure, necessitating medical treatment.
6. Known allergy for CT-contrast agents.
7. Renal failure, defined as a serum creatinine > 150 µmol/l, because of the risk of contrast nephropathy.