Inclusion Criteria- Clinically stable participants may be eligible to enroll within 10 days following hospital admission with high-risk acute coronary syndrome (either ST-elevation myocardial infarction [STEMI] or Non-STEMI or unstable angina)
- Participants not taking a statin must have an LDL-C of 125 mg/dl or less. Participants taking a statin must have an LDL-C of 100 mg/dl or less.
Exclusion Criteria- Pregnant or lactating woman, or intending to become pregnant
- Participant with active liver disease or persistent unexplained serum transaminase elevation
- History of alcohol or drug abuse
- History of sensitivity to statin or ezetimibe
- A participant for whom discontinuation of existing lipid lowering regimen poses an unacceptable risk.