Inclusion Criteria1. Age: Between 40 years and 80 years for male and 85 for female subjects
2. Clinical diagnosis of an acute ischemic stroke in the Carotid, Middle or Anterior Cerebral Artery territories
3. Imaging findings demonstrating signs of ischemia in the anterior circulation, consistent with the clinical diagnosis
4. Baseline NIHSS ≥ 7 and ≤ 18 within 2 hours prior to implantation.
5. Ability to initiate treatment within 8- 24 hours from stroke onset
6. Signed informed consent from patient him/herself or legally authorized representative if applicable
Exclusion Criteria1. Intracranial hemorrhage or hemorrhagic transformation
2. Massive stroke
3. Acute ischemic stroke in the posterior circulation
4. Minor stroke
5. Treated with IV-tPA ,IA-tPA or neurothrombectomy devices for the current stroke
6. Previous stroke in the last 6 months or pre-existing disability
7. Patients with bleeding propensity or any condition in the oral cavity that prevents implantation
8. Clinical signs and symptoms or imaging evidence of bilateral stroke.
9. Treated with IV-tPA ,IA-tPA or neurothrombectomy devices for the current stroke.
10. Known cerebral arteriovenous malformation, cerebral aneurysm.
11. Clinical suspicion of septic embolus.
12. Uncontrolled hypertension (systolic >185 mmHg and/or diastolic >110 mmHg)
13. Serious systemic infection.
14. Women known to be pregnant or having a positive or indeterminate pregnancy test.
15. Patients with other implanted neural stimulator/ electronic devices (pacemakers).
16. Life expectancy < 1 year from causes other than stroke.