Inclusion Criteria1. First ST elevation AMI undergoing (or not) revascularization.
2. Sinus rhythm in the first 24 hours of the AMI.
3. Written informed consent. ( 4) Left ventricular ejection fraction < 45% measured by echocardiography in the first 24-72 hours after AMI symptoms onset.
Exclusion Criteria1. Implantable defibrillation or stimulation devices not compatible with MRI.
2. Killip-IV class or other shock situations or marked peripheral hypoperfusion.
3. Aborted sudden death or other causes of possible acute brain damage attributed to cerebral hypoperfusion.
4. Hemodynamically significant valvular disease or prosthetic heart valves.
5. Claustrophobia that impedes MRI scanning.
6. Atrial fibrillation (AF) in the first 24 hours after AMI.
7. Carotid Artery Disease diagnosed with stenosis greater than 50%.
8. Full oral anticoagulation prior to admission or indication of anticoagulation.
9. Defined pro-thrombotic conditions.
10. History of previous stroke in the last 6 months.