Inclusion Criteria1. have had a stroke (ischemic or hemorrhagic) resulting in physical impairment;
2. have enough preserved cognitive ability to learn VRT
3. are receiving inpatient or outpatient stroke rehabilitation services;
4. are able to stand independently for at least 2 minutes
5. have a study partner who could attend 2 training sessions with the participant and was able to be in the home with the participant while doing VRT;
6. can read, speak and understand English;
7. live within 50 km of Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital;
8. are able and willing to attend 4 appointments at Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital (2 for assessment; 2 for training);
9. will not be travelling away from home for more than 2 days a week for the duration of the study;
10. have enough space in their home to do VRT safely.
Exclusion Criteria1. have an unstable medical condition, seizures or vertigo,
2. are unable to perform mild to moderate exercise safely.