Summary of Purpose
Stroke is a leading cause of death and functional impairments and stroke risk factors (SRFs) disproportionately affect Latino populations. In the Hispanic Secondary Stroke Prevention Initiative (HISSPI) the investigators propose a study using Community Health Workers (CHW) and mobile technologies using cell phones to reduce the risk for a recurrent stroke among Latino stroke patients. The project examines...Read More →
The following dates are available for this trial. Trial information last updated on 3 November 2017.
|1 Jan 2015||25 Sep 2014||1 Dec 2018||1 Mar 2019||1 Nov 2017||Unavailable|
|Start Date||First Received||1st Completion||Completion||Verification||Results|
- CHW home visits, coaching phone calls, group sessions
- Usual care and health education brochures every 4 months.
- Community Health Worker (CHW) home visits, coaching phone calls, group sessions .
- Allocation: Randomized
- Masking: Single Blind (Investigator)
- Purpose: Supportive Care
- Endpoint: Efficacy Study
- Intervention: Parallel Assignment
- Olveen Carrasquillo, MD MPH