Eligibility CriteriaInclusion criteria:
- At least six months and maximum 10 years after the onset of stroke
- Disability grade between 2 and 4 on the Modified Rankin Scale.
- Some degree of hemiparesis, according to the primary outcome measure M-MAS UAS -99, at baseline.
- Approved by the referring / prescribing physician for intensive training
- Medically stable considering cardiovascular conditions
- Cognitive and speech ability that enables instruction, intervention and evaluation
- Ability and willingness to travel to the place of evaluation
- Able to perform sitting transfers independently or with manual assistance
- Exercise-induced epilepsy.
- Injury, illness or addiction, making the individual unsuitable for participation.
- Having participated in an intense comprehensive rehabilitation program (additional to post-stroke acute- and subacute rehabilitation) at some point within the past six months.
- Scheduled for other treatment with focus on intensive training during the study.
- Use of assistive technology for sitting transfers