Inclusion Criteria- Diagnosis of ischemical brain injury or intracerebral hemorrhage by MRI or computed tomography at least 6 months before the onset of the study;
- Ability to walk in the treadmill at >0.3 km/h for 3 minutes handrail support;
- Be able to give informed consent and be motivated to participate in 3- month intensive physical fitness training.
Exclusion Criteria- Mini Mental State Examination <20;
- Unstable angina pectoris;
- Unstable cardiac conditions;
- Complex ventricular arrhythmia;
- Resting systolic blood pressure >200 mm/Hg - Resting diastolic blood pressure >100 mm/Hg;
- Aphasia (unable to follow two commands);
- Other medical conditions precluding participation in aerobic exercise.