Eligibility CriteriaInclusion criteria:
1. Age =>18 years at enrollment
2. Male or female patient (or legally acceptable representative) willing and able to provide written informed consent
3. Patient newly diagnosed (< 3 months prior to baseline visit) with non-valvular AF and at risk for stroke.
Other inclusion criteria apply.
1. Presence of any mechanical heart valve, or valve disease that is expected to require valve replacement intervention;
2. Patients who have received more than 60 days of vitamin K antagonist (VKA) treatment in their lifetime;
3. AF with a generally reversible cause;
4. Patients with a medical condition other than atrial fibrillation for which chronic use of an oral anticoagulant (for example, a VKA) is indicated Other exclusion criteria apply