Inclusion Criteria- Hemiplegic stroke at least 12 months prior to joining the study.
- Age 65 years or greater.
- Ability to follow instructions and to devote his/her attention to therapy.
- Ability to understand instructions in English and able to provide informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Severe difficulties with attention such that informed consent cannot be obtained, or that safety or communication would be comprised.
- Ability to walk more that 10 meters during a two minute walk with an average speed greater than 0.8 m/s.
- The presence of skin rashes, allergies or bruises where electrodes would be placed.
- History of seizures, edema in paralyzed limbs or co-morbidities such as Parkinson's Disease, cancer or osteoarthritis to be confirmed by attending physiatrist.