Inclusion CriteriaThe inclusion criteria are based on the guidelines set by the clinical Lokomat therapy program.
1. Patients will have been evaluated on the Rehabilitation Service for entry into the clinical therapy program.
2. Any patient who is already eligible for Lokomat therapy is a candidate for this research project.
Exclusion Criteria1. Pregnant women
2. History of fractures of the lower extremities
3. Bone density study indicating bone loss greater than 5 standard deviations from normal.
4. Fixed contractures of the ankles, knees or hips
5. Uncontrolled spasticity that significantly interferes with movement of lower extremities.
6. Uncooperative, unmotivated patients or patients whom cannot follow instructions on a consistent basis or communicate effectively with the treating clinicians.
7. Pressure ulcers over the greater trochanters, ischial tuberosities and sacrum.
8. Weight greater than 250 lbs
9. severe orthostatic hypotension (drop in blood pressure more than 30mm Hg when moving from sitting to standing posture)
10. Acute medical illness (i.e. infection)
11. Recently documented DVT in lower extremities
12. SCI ASIA's A and B