Inclusion Criteria- Men or women aged ≥ 18 years, with a diagnosis of stroke based on the WHO criteria (WHO 1989) and stroke-related urinary incontinence of at least once weekly.
- Onset of stroke ≥ 4 weeks previously and discharged from hospital to own home following a new stroke episode within the previous 6 months.
- Physically, cognitively and communicatively able and willing to learn to apply TPTNS or has carer who is able and willing to learn.
Exclusion Criteria- Pre-existing urinary incontinence prior to stroke.
- Current Urinary Tract Infection.
- Voiding dysfunction requiring intermittent/indwelling catheterisation.
- Cardiac pacemaker in situ.
- Concurrent neurological diagnosis eg dementia, Multiple Sclerosis, diabetic neuropathy.
- Reduced/absent sensation at electrode placement sites.
- Post-void residual urine volume of > 150ml.