Inclusion Criteria- Age > 45 years
- First stroke resulting in hemiplegia
- At least 4-months post stroke
- Residing at home or community-based (non-institutionalized) living environment
- Self selected gait velocity between 0.42 m/s to 0.80 m/s
- No longer receiving physiotherapy.
- Adequate comprehension of instructions and perceptual abilities (assessed by stroke clinician during medical screening), no significant musculotendinous or bony restrictions of the affected limb, nor any serious chronic disease independently causing significant disability or profound atrophy of the affected limb will comprise further indications to participation