Inclusion Criteria- Veterans age: 18-90 years, male or female,
- Who are receiving physical therapy as an inpatient at MVAHCS,
- Have Functional Independence Measure (FIM) scores of 0 or 1 (out of 7) in at least one of the five domains of motor tasks: 1) bed, chair, and wheelchair transfers, 2) toilet transfers, 3) tub/shower transfers, 4) walk/wheelchair locomotion, 5) stair locomotion,
- Who are determined by VA standards to require at least 35 pounds of physical support, such that 2 or more physical therapists and/or aides are needed during therapy, and
- Are able to understand informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Patients who have active clostridium difficile,
- An acute diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis, chronic deep vein thrombosis, or phlebitis (unless cleared by clinician to participate in the study),
- A lower body pressure ulcer worse than grade one (EPUAP), or an open wound,
- A history of any drug-resistant pathogen, such as Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE), ESBL producing gram-negative bacilli, or others,
- Weigh more than 350 lbs.