Inclusion Criteria- Age > 18 years old.
- Acute stroke symptoms onset within 120 hours of inclusion, and as proximate to event as possible.
- Acute ischemic moderate or severe hemispheric stroke (assessed as 5 points or more by NIHSS) and including patients treated by t-PA
Exclusion Criteria- Primary intracranial hemorrhage on admission by CT.
- Significant movement disorder.
- Previous major hemispheric stroke.
- Local skull or skin affliction which prevents electrodes application.
- Any known condition which in the opinion of the investigator may interfere with the protocol implementation