Inclusion Criteria- Subjects will be recruited from local self-help groups through poster advertising. \
- Subjects will be included if they (1) are between 55 and 85 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with ischaemic brain injury or intracerebral hemorrhage by MRI or computed tomography within the previous 1 to 10 years
- Are able to walk 3 metres independently with or without a walking aid
- Are able to score > 6 out of 10 on the abbreviated mental test
- Are able to follow instructions and give informed consent
- Have no skin allergy which would prevent electrical stimulation.
Exclusion Criteria- Subjects will be excluded if they have any additional medical, cardiovascular or orthopedic condition that would hinder proper treatment or assessment
- Use a cardiac pacemaker
- Have receptive dysphasia
- Have significant lower limb peripheral neuropathy (e.g. diabetic polyneuropathy)
- Are involved in drug studies or other clinical trials.