Inclusion Criteria- Randomization within 11 hours after stroke onset (if known) or last seen well.
- Endovascular treatment is expected to be finished within 12 hours after known symptom onset or last seen well by judgment of the interventional neuroradiologist in charge (if stroke onset is known).
- Patient must demonstrate clinical signs and symptoms attributable to target area of occlusion consistent with the diagnosis of ischemic stroke, including impairment of the following: language, motor function, sensation, cognition, gaze, and/or vision for at least 30 minutes without relevant improvement.
- Female and male patient above 18 up to 80 years of age
- NIHSS Score of <26
- Signed informed consent (IC) form by patient or legal guardian, or inclusion of patient's presumptive will by investigator under emergency situation, but after consultation of an independent physician who is familiar with thisthese types of illness if the other options are not possible according to local approval.
- Prior to new focal neurological deficit, mRS score was ≤2.
Imaging Inclusion Criteria
- A new focal occlusion confirmed by imaging (MRA/CTA) to be accessible to the thrombectomy device, and located in the M1 of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) and/or the intracranial segment of the distal internal carotid artery (ICA).
- CT (non-contrast CT) or DWI with an ASPECT score of 3-5
Clinical exclusion criteria
- Patient is an active participant in another drug or device treatment trial for any disease state or patient is expected to start participation in another drug or device treatment trial while enrolled in this protocol, unless approved by Sponsor.
- Patient has pre-existing neurological or psychiatric disease that could impede the study results or would confound the neurological or functional evaluations.
- Patient has vascular disease preventing endovascular treatment (e.g. aortic dissection or aneurysm, no arterial transfemoral access)
- Patient has history of contraindication for contrast medium.
- Patient is known to have infective endocarditis
- Patient's anticipated life expectancy is less than 6 Months12 months
Imaging exclusion criteria
- ExtracaranialExtracranial CT scanor MR angiography showing high grade stenosis expected to require acute stent placement (especially e.g. ICAACI stenting) during the procedure to get access to the occlusion
- CT or MRI with evidence of: Mass mass effect or intracranial tumor, or hypodensity on unenhanced CT and
- If CT perfusion is done per institutional standard: CBV drop on CBV maps on CTP, or, alternatively as with an ASPECT score of 0-2
- If DWI is done per institutional standard,: restricted diffusion on DWI with an ASPECT score of 0-2, or above 5