Inclusion Criteria- Clinical diagnosis of stroke, with neurological deficits symptoms;
- Clinical diagnosis of depression, according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-IV （DSM-IV）or Chinese Classification and Diagnostic Criteria of Mental Disorders-3(CCMD-3), the score is between 7 to 24 by 17-item Hamilton Depression;
- Age of 45 to 80 years old;
- The patient is conscious, cooperation, without aphasia and severe cognitive impairment after acute phase of stroke;
- Without psychiatric disease history or family history of psychosis before stroke;
- No hormones and psychotropic drugs were used within 1 month before enrollment;
- capacity to provide written consent.
Exclusion Criteria- With brain organic disease such as brain tumors;
- Had a history of psychiatric illness or depression before stroke;
- Combined with severe liver, kidney, hematopoietic system disorder;
- Poor glycemic control and insulin-dependent diabetes;
- Participate in any clinical trial or taking antidepressant treatment 1 month prior to baseline;
- Pregnant or breast feeding;
- History of sensitivity to Chinese medicine ingredients.