Inclusion Criteria- Clinically diagnosed with with post-stroke aphasia and word-retrieval deficits
- Premorbid speakers of English
- Diagnosis will be based on neuropsychological testing, language testing (most commonly the Western Aphasia Battery), MRI and clinical assessment
- Stroke size: any l
- Location: Left hemisphere strokes only from any etiology.
- Time since stroke onset: 1 day to 20 years.
Exclusion Criteria- uncorrected visual or hearing impairment by self report
- other premorbid neurological disorder affecting the brain
- any other language-based learning disorder or other neurodegenerative disorder such as Alzheimer's Disease or Primary Progressive Aphasia
- premorbidly diagnosed with a developmental language disorder
- Pregnant women will also be excluded