Inclusion Criteria- Aged between 40 and 70 years and present a minimum score on the Mini Mental State Examination, according to the subject's educational level.
- All subjects must have normal vision or corrected to normal.
- The hemiparetic subjects must present a level of less than 3 spasticity on the Modified Ashworth Scale for shoulder abductor and flexor muscles
- Ability to voluntarily perform the range of motion
- Proper trunk control confirmed by the ability to remain in the seated position without support to the trunk and/or of the arms for 1 minute.
Exclusion Criteria- diabetes mellitus
- ulcers or skin lesions
- adverse reactions to tape (redness and itching)
- severe cardiovascular or peripheral vascular diseases (heart failure, arrhythmias, angina pectoris, and acute myocardial infarction)
- other neurological or orthopedic diseases
- cognitive impairments
- presence of sensorimotor peripheral neuropathy
- any history of joint or muscle injuries of the shoulder complex or cervical joints (fractures or surgery)
- shoulder pain during the tests
- presence of any history of joint or muscular injuries of the shoulder complex or cervical joints (fractures or surgery)
- body mass index (BMI) greater than 28 kg/m²
- alterations of sensitivity
- understanding of aphasia
- hemineglect and/or plegia.
- Individuals with other neurologic diseases
- Acute stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke or any injury to the occipital lobe
- Brainstem or cerebellum injury
- Range of motion of less than 90° flexion or 30° extension and adduction of the shoulder will be excluded.This range of motion is required to standardize the placing of the elastic tape.