Inclusion Criteria- completed embolic, thrombo-embolic or hemorrhagic subacute strokes admitted within 3 weeks of stroke onset to the SRU of TRI.
- all subjects must be able to follow simple commands in English based upon the Speech Language therapist's intake assessment and have competency to provide informed consent to participate in the study.
Exclusion Criteria- brainstem strokes due to increased aspiration risk with CPAP.
- patients with previously diagnosed OSA or stroke.
- diseases primarily or frequently affecting the central nervous system, including dementia, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis,Huntington's disease or Lupus.
- history of a psychotic disorder
- stroke secondary to traumatic brain injury.