Inclusion Criteria- All consecutive patients with ischemic stroke who are admitted to Intensive Care Unit(ICU) between 1st March.2012 at 00:00 hours (midnight) and the finish date of 31st March. 2014 at 23:59 hours (11.59 pm). Patients who are already in the ICU prior to 1st March. 2012 at 00:00 hours will not be included in the study.
- Duration of mechanical ventilation > 48h through tracheal tube or tracheotomy
- Informed consent
Exclusion Criteria- Patients with pneumonia when they are admitted to ICU.
- Previous use of statin for cholesterol regulation.
- Chronic liver disease or active liver disease.
- Increase of CPK (over 3 times the upper limit) during hospitalization.
- Unwilling to continue the therapy during hospitalization.