Eligibility CriteriaInclusion Criteria: New stroke lesion should be present in MRI which compatible with clinical history and neurologic examination and patients with onset <= 48 hours.
Exclusion Criteria1. hyperacute stroke receiving thrombolytic therapy
2. symptom onset > 48 hours
3. patients who died in the incipient stage of acute stroke
4. neurological deterioration (increase in NIHSS ≥ 4)
5. transient ischemic attack
6. history of prior stroke and dysphagia
7. other neurological diseases causing oropharyngeal dysphagia, such as Parkinsonism, dementia, and neuromuscular disorders
8. history of cranial neurosurgery
9. prior or current structural lesions causing oropharyngeal dysphagia,
10. pulmonary diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or current pneumonia.