Inclusion Criteria1. Age range 18-75 years.
2. First ever-ischemic lesion in the territory of middle cerebral artery or anterior cerebral artery. CT scan/MRI result is thus required.
3. Sub acute phase of stroke (less than 6 months)
4. Able to sit-to-stand and stand-to-sit independently
5. Able to walk without physical assistance at least 6 m
6. Free of any neurological antecedent, unstable medical conditions or condition that may increase the risk of stimulation such as epilepsy; although tDCS is believed to induce less or no risk of seizure and epileptic seizure have never been reported in tDCS study even in a study with active epilepsy (Fregni et al., 2006).
Exclusion Criteria1. Pre-stroke disability
3. Be unable to understand the instruction
4. No clear neurological antecedent history or psychiatric disorder
5. Excessive pain in any joint of the paretic limb (numerical pain rating score > 7)
6. Presence of intracranial metal implantation, cochlea implant, or cardiac pacemaker
7. Subjects are participating in the other protocol or receiving alternative treatment such as acupuncture