Eligibility CriteriaInclusion criteria:
- diagnosis of a stroke (at least 3 months),
- ambulatory with or without the use of an assistive device or ankle-foot orthosis,
- 3 or higher grades in Functional Ambulation Category,
- able to walk 10 meters with or without supervision,
- able to follow verbal instructions,
- physician approval to enter an exercise program.
- previous stroke history,
- any other neurologic disorders, complications from other health conditions (cardiovascular or musculoskeletal conditions),
- contracture or muscle tonus ≥ 3 according to Modified Ashworth Scale, preventing range of motion in lower extremity,
- severe osteoporosis,
- cognitive deficit preventing them from following instructions.