Inclusion Criteria- First ischaemic or haemorrhagic stroke (Confirmed by CT/MRI) affecting either right or left upper limb
- Either: a) Able to transfer safely between toilet, chair and standing and able to walk safely at home wearing the C-MIT with or without the use of a walking aid or b) primarily a wheelchair user having help or supervision to transfer and walk
- Mini-mental score >23
- Minimum of 10 degrees of active wrist extension measured by a hand held goniometer
- Discharged home from hospital (not institutional care)
- Access to internet at home
Exclusion Criteria- Major medical problems that could interfere with participation
- Severe pain of the hemiparetic shoulder, arm or hand either at rest or during movement.
People for whom communication problems prevent effective use of the system, will be excluded unless they have a carer who can support them effectively.