Inclusion CriteriaInclusion criteria will be age greater than or equal to 18 years, the diagnosis of SAH, TBI, ICH, and/or (PIAE) after cardiac arrest (post cardiac arrest coma) with GCS less than or equal to 8, endotracheal intubation, clinical indications for invasive Neuromonitoring, and family/guardian informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria1. coagulation or platelet problems which cannot be corrected based on clinical indications
2. anatomic abnormalities in skull or brain tissue precluding appropriate placement of an invasive brain monitor
3. ongoing CNS or scalp infection,
4. allergy to indocyanine green dye
6. lactation or pumping breast milk for the purpose of feeding an infant
7. increased bilirubin suggestive of cholestasis or biliary obstruction, (8) allergy to iodide
(9) severity of injury which leads the team or family to conclude that further advance medical care would be futile and limitation of the level of support is requested.
Woman of childbearing potential will be excluded by urine or serum pregnancy test prior to conducting any study related procedures. . There is not a risk of pregnancy during this study as comatose patients will be monitored 24 hours a day in Intensive Care Units which have full visibility of patients.