Inclusion Criteria- First-ever unilateral stroke;
- hemiplegia resulting from stroke;
- unilateral equinovarus gait with independent walk;
- able to ambulate without supporting devices.
Exclusion Criteria- recurrent stroke;
- previous treatment with nerve blocks, motor point injections with neurolytic agents for spasticity at any time, or with BTX-A in the previous 6 months
- not independent in the basic activities of daily living
- severe cognitive deficits;
- progressive or severe neurologic diseases;
- fear to needles;
- any contraindication for dry needling, e.g., anticoagulants, infections, bleeding, or psychotic.