Inclusion Criteria- Patients with the clinical diagnosis of an acute cerebrovascular event in in the anterior cerebral territory, within the last 12 hours who match the MRI or axial CT image.
- Patients with 4 o more points of the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- Age older than 18 years, both gender
- Non acute cerebrovascular event previous
- Informed consent signed by patient or relatives
Exclusion Criteria- Diagnosed with recurrent diseases like: heart failure; Myocardial Infarction up 8 weeks before; ventrivular arrhythmia diagnosed by ECG; Second-Degree and Third-Degree Atrioventricular Block; or Long QT Syndrome.
- Allergic reactions to sulfa medications
- Patients with kidney failure and hepatic insufficiency
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase diagnosed