Inclusion Criteria1. Male or female patients identified as Inactive/Moderately Inactive on the GPPAQ and at high risk due the presence of one or more of the following additional risk factors:
- 20% or higher 10 year risk of stroke or heart attack by using QRISK2 for stroke (Hippisley-Cox, Coupland, Vinogradova, et al, 2008).
- 20% or higher 10-year risk of type 2 diabetes on the QDS measure (Hippisley-Cox, Coupland, Robson, et al, 2009).
- Diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment from a memory clinic.
- Diagnosed transient ischaemic cardiac or cerebral event (stable ischaemic heart disease, transient ischaemic attack).
2. Aged 17 years or older.
3. At low risk from serious adverse effects from increased physical activity as indicated by performance on the revised Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)(Thomas, Reading & Shephard, 1992).
4. Participants should have a suitable exercise space available at home for safe participation in the online component.
5. Participants with access to the internet at home, and where it has been determined following a home visit by the research team that they can access the online material and safely participate.
Exclusion Criteria1. Blood pressure above 160/100 mmHg.
2. Body mass index over 40 kg/m2.
3. Musculoskeletal or other medical problems preventing safe participation in regular moderate intensity exercise (65-77% of predicted maximum heart rate). This will include a resting tachycardia (heart rate above 100 bpm) and history of myocardial infarction, unstable angina or transient cerebral ischemia within the last month, severe osteoporosis, uncontrolled diabetes, febrile illness and destabilising arrythmias.
4. Participants with modifiable exclusion criteria will be reconsidered after successful management. Patients will be referred for medical /cardiological review and management prior to commencing exercise if indicated by the PAR-Q and the intervention will be guided by the PARmed-X (Chisholm, Stewart & Crooks, 1987).
5. Participants taking medications affecting heart rate will need to be on a stable dosing regimen for 3 months prior to commencing in order to control for potential spurious results on fitness measures caused by these treatments.
6. Participants who do not have the necessary space, internet connection or computer equipment to allow them to participate safely using the online material.