Inclusion Criteria- Adult, age ≥ 18 years
- History of ischemic stroke or high risk TIA (defined by ABCD2 ≥ 4)between 2 weeks and 12 months prior to enrollment
- Hypertensive at time of enrollment, defined by SBP>140 mm Hg or DBP >90 mm Hg at the time of study screening
- Must own a smart phone capable of interacting with the connected blood pressure cuff (Apple iPhone 3GS or higher; Android 4.0 or higher with Bluetooth connectivity)
- Willingness and ability to sign informed consent by patient
Exclusion Criteria- Moderate or severe disability, defined by modified Rankin Scale ≥ 3.
- Expected residence in a rehabilitation hospital, nursing facility or assisted living community during the study period.
- Upper arm circumference <9 inches or >17 inches
- Inability to monitor BP in both of the upper arms (i.e. history of bilateral radical mastectomy, bilateral severe subclavian stenosis, or bilateral arterial venous fistulas for dialysis).
- Blood pressure discrepancy between arms of >10 mm Hg.
- Inability to follow-up at 90 days and return BP monitor
- Active participation in another clinical trial
- Pregnant women