Inclusion Criteria- Ischemic stroke diagnosed within 48 hours from symptom onset;
- Cerebral ischemic lesion observed on diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (DWI MRI);
- Relevant atherothrombotic lesions on magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) or computed tomography angiography (CTA);
- Study drug administration within 48 hours from symptom onset;
- mRS score is 0-2 before the stroke.
Exclusion Criteria- Evidences of other relevant brain lesions such as Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) or brain tumor;
- Suspicious of stroke due to small-vessel occlusion;
- Stroke due to cardioembolism;
- Clinical necessity of conventional angiography or intervention before the end of study;
- Past history of ICH;
- Bleeding diathesis or coagulopathy;
- Chronic anemia (Hb<8.0) or thrombocytopenia (PLT<100K);
- Chronic liver disease (AST> 100 or ALT>100);
- Any other clinically relevant serious disease, including renal failure ( creatinine clearance<30mL/min);
- Allergy to Aspirin or clopidogrel;
- Subjected to intervention or surgical treatments within 3 months;
- Thrombolysis performed with rt-PA or UK after the stroke;
- Participation in another clinical study within the previous 30 days;
- Suspicious of poor drug compliance and requirements of the protocol;
- Females who are pregnant, breast-feeding, or childbearing potential and not using medically acceptable and effective contraception.
The above information is not intended to contain all considerations relevant to a patient's potential participation in a clinical trial.