Inclusion Criteria1. age 18 or older;
2. have completed all physician recommended rehabilitation and currently not receiving rehabilitation services;
3. at least one-month post-stroke;
4. have self-reported unmet functional goals; and
5. NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) total score of 2-12.
Exclusion Criteria1. have sustained a hemorrhagic stroke;
2. NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) aphasia rating of 1 or more (impaired speech);
3. MoCA cognitive screen score of less than 21 (impaired general cognitive ability);
4. neurological diagnoses other than stroke;
5. major psychiatric illness (bipolar disorder, OCD, panic disorder, PTSD, and/or borderline personality disorder);
6. no major depressive symptoms (PHQ-9 < 20);
7. a score of 6 or less on the CIHI aphasia screen combined items 64 and 66;
8. terminal illness;
9. blindness; and
10. non-English speaking.