Inclusion Criteria1. Adult at the age of ≥ 19 to ≤ 80
2. Diagnosis of acute ischemic stroke by brain imaging within 14 days of screening
3. FMA motor score ≤ 55 with arm or leg weakness at screening
4. K-NIHSS score ≥ 6 and ≤ 15 at screening
5. Able to communicate
6. Voluntary written informed consent to study participation
Exclusion Criteria1. Previous history of symptomatic stroke throughout the lifetime except acute ischemic stroke occurring within 14 days of screening
2. Diagnosis of and current treatment for degenerative neurological diseases, e.g., Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
3. Scheduled carotid endarterectomy or carotid/cerebrovascular stenting or revascularization
4. Current treatment with amphetamines, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or antipsychotics
5. Presence of brain diseases, such as brain tumor, traumatic brain damage, arteriovenous malformation, or moyamoya disease, or ischemic stroke caused by these diseases
6. Impaired ability to walk upright due to other illness prior to screening
7. Unstable vital signs at screening based on the judgment of the investigator e.g., systolic blood pressure ≥ 170mmHg despite antihypertensive treatment or other symptoms such as hyperthermia, tachycardia, or hyperventilation
8. Diagnosis of liver diseases prior to screening, such as hepatitis and liver cirrhosis, or current treatment for these diseases
9. Continuous treatment with potentially hepatotoxic drugs e.g., current treatment with propylthiouracil, ketoconazole, isoniazid, valproic acid, phenytoin, etc. that may induce acute hepatotoxicity
10. Severe, New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class III or higher heart failure at screening [NYHA Classes of heart failure] Class I: patients with no limitation of activities; they suffer no symptoms from ordinary activities.
Class II: patients with slight, mild limitation of activity; they are comfortable with rest or with mild exertion.
Class III: patients with marked limitation of activity; they are comfortable only at rest.
Class IV: patients who should be at complete rest, confined to bed or chair; any physical activity brings on.
11. Diagnosis of or treatment for cancer within 6 months of screening or presence of recurrent or metastatic cancer
12. Treatment with or intake of traditional oriental medicine (herbal medicine) or health functional foods containing potentially hepatotoxic plants, such as Germander (Teucrium chamaedrys, Teucrium polium), toothed clubmoss (Lycopodium serratum), or celandine (Chelidonium majus), within 4 weeks prior to study participation
13. Treatment with or intake of traditional Korean medicine containing pueraria root and/or scutellaria root or other drugs or health functional foods containing their respective index components, i.e. puerarin and baicalin, within 4 weeks prior to study participation
14. Hematologic findings as follows
① Increased serum aspartate or alanine aminotransferase (AST/ALT) levels ≥ 1.5 x site specific upper limit of normal in laboratory test
② Decreased hemoglobin (Hb) level (Hb< 10 g/dl), decreased platelet (PLT) level (PLT< 100,000/mm3), or hematocrit (Hct) level < 25% in whole blood count test.
③ Increased serum creatinine (Cr) level (Cr > 2.0 mg/dl) in laboratory test or patient on dialysis
15. Pregnant or lactating women A woman of childbearing potential can participate in the study only if non-pregnancy is confirmed.
Subjects must use a double barrier method or must have been surgically sterilized.
16. Previous participation in a clinical study for another drug within 3 months of screening.