Inclusion Criteria1. Inclusion Criteria:
- Consecutive patients aged at 18-80 presenting with an acute symptomatic supratertorial primary ICH diagnosed by CT
- Symptom onset to surgery <24 hours (target <8 hours)
- Glascow Coma Score > 9
- Hematoma Volume, between 10ml and 50ml.
- Minimal or no ventricular extension (corresponding to 50% or less of each ventricle)
- NIHSS of >4 or deterioration determined by a neurologist.
Exclusion Criteria- Suspected secondary ICH
- Infratentorial ICH
- Isolated IVH
- Uncorrected coagulopathy
- Significant premorbid disability (mRS >1)
- Contraindication to safe surgical procedure as per neurosurgeon (justification for exclusion on this basis will be recorded)