Inclusion Criteria- Between the age of 20-80 years;
- Diagnosis of first, single unilateral cortical-subcortical acute stroke verified by brain imaging;
- Paresis of a lower limb;
- Ability to walk for only a few meters either with or without aid.
Exclusion Criteria- Deemed by a physician to be medically unstable;
- Other prior musculoskeletal conditions that affected gait capacity;
- Co-existence of other neurological diseases;
- Cognitive impairments that would impact on the safe participation in the study (MMSE<23)