Inclusion Criteria- Patients diagnosed with major stroke, minor stroke or TIA by a member of the clinical team.
- Reside within the locality of the Hampshire Hospital's Foundation Trust
- Patients are to be assessed within 8 weeks of their initial stroke/TIA diagnosis.
- Do not meet exclusion criteria
Exclusion Criteria- end of life stroke patients;
- Unstable cardiac conditions
- oxygen dependence
- significant dementia; patients lacking capacity to consent to participate in study
- unable to swallow
- Patient is diagnosed with major stroke, minor stroke or TIA more than 8 weeks prior to an assessment