Inclusion Criteria- Medically stable at least 6 months after first ever stroke.
- Sufficient endurance to participate in the study.
- Cognition sufficiently intact to give valid informed consent to participate.
- Age > 18years.
- Ability to follow 2 stage commands.
- Impaired but not absent ability to feel touch, vibration and movement of the affected arm.
Exclusion Criteria- Acute or progressive cardiac, renal, respiratory, neurological disorders or malignancy.
- Any psychiatric diagnosis or active psychological condition.
- History of substance abuse within the last 6 months
- More than one ischemic stroke or stroke affecting both sides.
- Claustrophobia, or inability to operate the MRI patient call button.
- Pregnancy or pregnancy planning during the study period.
- Lower motor neuron damage or radiculopathy
- Contraindications for rTMS according to the TMS-use guidelines (Rossi et al 2009).
- Inability to understand English.
- Significant neglect for those with left-sided deficits.