Eligibility CriteriaCriteria:No new patients will be recruited for the current project. We will rely solely on data collection in the tDCS-Trial (U01 DC011739, period 7/1/2012-6/31/2017).
Following is the Eligibilty for the TDCS-Trial:
Inclusion Criteria1. Patients must be willing and able to give informed consent.
2. Patients must be willing and able to comply with study requirements.
3. Patients must be between 25- and 80-years of age.
4. Patients must be native English speakers.
5. Patients must be pre-morbidly right-handed.
6. Patients must have sustained a one-time ischemic stroke in the left-hemisphere.
7. Patients must be greater than 6-months post-stroke.
8. Patients must have an aphasia diagnosis as confirmed by the Western Aphasia Battery-Revised.
9. Patients must be MRI-compatible (e.g., no metal implants, not claustrophobic, etc.).
10. Patients must achieve at least 65% accuracy on naming task during screening -
Exclusion Criteria1. History of brain surgery
2. Seizures during the previous 12 months
3. Sensitive scalp (per patient report)
4. Able to overtly name more than an average of 140 out of 175 items during the pre-treatment picture naming test (Philadelphia Naming Test) during Visits 2 or 3.
5. Unable to overtly name at least an average of 5 out of 80 items during the pre-treatment fMRI sessions during Visits 2 or 3.