Inclusion Criteria1. Demographics: 21 to 65 years, within 12 months of first, single clinical stroke (ischaemic or haemorrhagic).
2. Moderate to severe upper extremity (UE) weakness post stroke.
3. Fugly-Meyer motor score of the upper limb < 40.
4. Upper limb motor power MRC grade 3 or less /5 in at least 1 arm region.
5. Able to give own consent and understand simple instructions and learn through practice.
6. Resting brain states determined by FMRI criteria
Exclusion Criteria1. Recurrent stroke.
2. Previous brain surgery.
3. Spasticity of Modified Ashworth scale > 2.
4. Fixed contracture of any upper limb joint
5. Ataxia, dystonia or tremor of the involved upper limb or previous cervical myelopathy
6. Upper limb pain or painful joints in upper limb.
7. Severe cognitive impairment (Abbreviated Mental Test <7/10), or severe aphasia which may affect ability to participate in training.
8. . History of seizures in the past 12 months.
9. Severe left neglect