Inclusion Criteria- Clinical diagnosis of cerebrovascular accident and indication for the botulinum toxin injection (Hypertonia equal or superior to 2 according to the Ashworth scale).
- Patients followed by the physical therapy staff at the IBR and HAS, with 2 appointments per week.
- Patients from both sexes with ages superior to 18 years
- To have the minimum of one a maximum of five years post post-stroke.
Exclusion Criteria- Patients with age superior to 70 years
- Cognitive impairment
- Poorly controlled arterial hypertension
- Presence of joint blockade
- Unable to walk independently
- Use of orthesis as a gait aid
- Use of botulinum toxin within the last six months
- Use of systemic drugs for reduction of tonus
- Blood, liver, or kidney disorders and pregnant or lactating women
- Comprehension aphasia