Inclusion Criteria- Adults (>18 years)
- Recent (<1 month) acute ischaemic/haemorrhagic/ undifferentiated stroke
- Residual disability (requiring help from another person for everyday activities)
- Expected to survive to discharge from hospital with a reasonable expectation of six month survival
- Able (or by proxy) to provide informed consent
Exclusion Criteria- Unable to identify a suitable family - nominated caregiver for training and subsequent delivery of care
- Those unwilling/unable to adhere to follow up.