Inclusion Criteria- admitted with ischemic stroke at a single center
- time from diagnose to inclusion maximum 7 days.
- written informed consent or surrogate informed consent eligible
- age > 18 years.
Exclusion Criteria- hemorrhagic stroke
- terminal illness and expected lifespan of less than 6 months.
- any physical or mental condition which make the patients unsuitable for participation in the study.
- known with a pacemaker
- anticoagulation treatment of other reasons than atrial fibrillation.